Justin Boyd: Sound and Time (Mark and Angela Walley, 2013, 8:39) is a particularly good example of a short documentary profile with the perfect balance between engaging b-roll and well-shot interview footage. This documentary brings together gentle camerawork, good editing, and excellent sound design to tell the story of Justin Boyd, Department Chair of Sculpture and Integrated Media at Southwest School of Art. We learn about his personal connection with sound and how he uses it to create works of art. The documentary was produced in association with Southwest School of Art.
- Writing with a Camera in Ecuador, Summer II, 2017
- Seven tips for better smartphone moviemaking
- Four approaches to structuring micro-documentaries
- Set protocol
- Microphone Capsule Technology
- Notes on Artist Manifestos
- Justin Boyd: Sound and Time
- Audio-Technica BP4029 Stereo Shotgun Microphone
- Notes on the interview
- Introducing Writing with a Camera
Here we say something, and it might even be interesting. We shall see.